Saturday, June 2, 2012

ANNA MWALAGHO INVITES YOU FOR HER PERFORMANCES

Hello Friend,

I hope this message finds you well. To my new found friend,
I welcome you. Thank you for your support and acceptance to receive my
newsletter informing you of my performances.

The month of May has been very busy for me and busy is good.
I have met new friends and acquaintances through many of my events during this
month. I do not take for granted your support in any way. Thank you for letting
my self and also my band entertain you and also for buying my CDS and T-
shirts.

On June 16th my band and I will be at the Columbia
festival. Come get entertained and enjoy the summer, other bands will also be performing
and more details are given below. Come listen to our band that will make you
groove, enjoy spoken word and a bit of comedy at some of my events.

Do not forget to buy my new CD if you still have not
purchased a copy. The CD is called HAKI, a word in Kiswahili meaning justice.

Check it out and buy yourself a copy at or www.cdbaby.com/artist/annamwalagho
my CD is also sold on itunes.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/haki-justice/id450786720
http://fb.me/19H2VTgM7


June 16, 2012
ColumbiaFestival
Anna Mwalagho & Afrofloetry Band
Performance @ 2:45 – 3:45
p.m.

Venue:LakeStage,
ColumbiaTown
Center

Address:Columbia,MD
Free Admission

June 15, 2012
In Honor of Father’s Day
Hosted By: Ex-Saker Students Association
Venue:St.Andrews Hall
Address:15100 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring,MD
Time:8:00pm

June 9, 2012
Afrikan Goddess Awards
In Honor of Ms. Betty Makoni
Venue: O’Connor Auditorium at Trinity
University

Washington,DC.
Time:6:30pm-9:30pm
For More Information Visit
http://www.afrikangoddess.com

A POEM For You
Show Me Heaven
Lost in a haze
Thoughts begin to race
So much in my head
Feels like an explosion
Yet I can’t control
What thoughts are in my brain
The hardest part of all
Is I can’t explain

I can’t explain the hurt and the pain
The child in the streets
Begging in nakedness

I can’t explain
The slaughter of the weak
Through bombs and ammunition
In the name of liberation

I can’t explain the evil in the world
The rape and the killings
In the name of minerals

I can’t explain
The hunger and the famine
While the rich are getting richer
And the poor are getting poorer

I can’t explain the happiness in his face
The sadness in your face
Why she is sick and you are well
Each night and day

I can’t explain life and death
Why we are here then we are gone
In this place we call world

That’s why am in a haze
So torn each day
Not knowing which way
To go or to stay
So am hoping for a better place
Some heaven sweet paradise
Where justice is upheld
And the good are rewarded
And the evil burn in hell

by Anna Mwalagho


Upendo Girl Child
Foundation

I support a foundation in my country Kenya
through the sell of my Merchandise (CDS and T-shirts) The foundation runs a
school in the slums of Mathare in a community that is financially poor and lack
basic necessities. Most of the students are taught for free since there parents
are not able to afford, other children are orphaned and others from single
parent homes. . Even though the children do not sleep at the school they depend
on the foundation to help them with school supplies, food, and teachers pay. We
therefore are kindly requesting for your donations financially or in kind to
help the foundation and the needy of the community as Kenya is in the brink of another famine disaster.

"Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves"- Horace Mann

God Bless you

Mwalagho productions LLC
www.annamwalagho.com


<><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><> <><><><><><> <><><><><><>


No comments:

Post a Comment