Friday, January 25, 2013

'I made sure my mom was dead and shot her again in the head': Teen killed his mother and sister after Halloween movie inspired him to murder his family 'with ease and with little remorse'

Confessed: Jake Evans, 17, wrote a four-page confession detailing his thoughts and actions on the night of the murders
A 17-year-old boy who shot his sister and mother said that watching horror movie Halloween gave him the idea because he was 'amazed at how at ease the boy was during the murders and how little remorse he had'.
Jake Evans' disturbing four-page confession was released yesterday during his trial for the October 3 shooting deaths of his sister Mallory and mother Jami in their upscale home in a gated community of Aledo, Texas. 
The chilling confession spells out in intricate, matter-of-fact detail the thoughts and actions of the 17-year-old in the hours leading up to and during the inexplicable slaying of his two family members.
Though Evans is not known to have been suffering from any mental illness at the time, he writes that after the shooting, 'in shock I ran into my room and screamed at the top of my lungs that I am really messed up and that I killed my mom and sister'.
He heard noises and realized his sister was still alive.
'As I emptied the shells on my bed, I heard noizes (sic) and realized that Mallory was still alive. 
'While I loaded the gun back up, I was shouting that I was sorry and then ran as fast as I could to kill her. I made sure my mom was dead and shot her again in the head.'
Evans said he had watched the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween three times earlier that week and felt it would be 'the same for me when I kill someone'. 
The 2007 film is about a ten-year-old boy who murders several people and kills a number of others 15 years later.
Evans said he also had planned to kill his grandparents at their home across the street and his oldest sister who was there, as well as another older sister who was home from college, according to the statement. 
Scroll down for videos and 911 call
Evidence: Jake Evans' disturbing four-page confession was released yesterday during his trial for the October 3 shooting deaths of his sister Mallory, center, and mother Jami, right, in their upscale home in a gated community of Aledo, Texas
Horror movie: Jake Evans said he was inspired to kill his sister and mother after watching the ease at which Michael Myers murdered in the 2007 Halloween remake
The handwritten confession: Jake Evans describes how watching the 2007 remake of Halloween made him think he could kill his family with ease
'My plan was to kill my sister and my mom at my house and then go over to my grandparents and kill my oldest sister Emily and my two grandparents,' Evans wrote.
Authorities have said his father was out of town at the time.
THE FICTIONAL CHILD KILLER WHO INSPIRED JAKE EVANS
Halloween is a 2007 American slasher film written, directed, and produced by Rob Zombie. 
The film is a remake of the 1978 horror film of the same name, the first in the rebooted Halloween film series.
Rob Zombie's 'reimagining' follows the premise of the original, with Michael Myers stalking Laurie Strode and her friends on Halloween night. But the remake goes deeper into the character's psyche, trying to answer the question of what drove him to kill people.
The plot: On Halloween in Haddonfield, Illinois, having already shown signs of psychopathic tendencies, ten-year-old Michael Myers murders a school bully named Wesley. Later that night, Michael murders his older sister Judith, his mother’s boyfriend Ronnie , and Judith's boyfriend Steve. 
He is then sent to a mental institution and is treated by a child psychologist but escapes 15 years later and returns to his childhood home to get his knife and his mask and continues on a killing spree.
Evans, who was home schooled, said he argued with his 15-year-old sister, Mallory, that day after she made a racist comment, and he felt his family were becoming people he hated. 
'The people who are racists, bullies, and who are full of themselves are the really evil ones. And it amazes me because those three qualities are extremely common today. 
'I was very sad because I felt like my own family were becoming the people I hate', he wrote.
After hitting golf balls, running errands with his grandmother and watching television at home, Evans put a knife in his pocket and thought about killing Mallory, according to the statement. 
But he decided to kill his mother and younger sister with a gun stolen from his grandfather so they wouldn’t feel pain, he wrote.
'I then spent probably over an hour walking nervously around the house thinking how life will never be the same and how I would never see them again,' he wrote.
'Thoughts of causing her pain kept entering my mind and were really bothering me,' he wrote. 'But then I'd think about the times she hurt my feelings or really pissed me off.
Evans then reveals he went to his sister's bedroom door and asked her to watch The Waterboy with him. But he later excused himself and went into the art room. There, he imagined killing Mallory again, he told investigators.
After about 30 minutes he came back with the knife in his pocket and thought about killing her.
'I sat for about 5 minutes and then playfully threw a pillow at Mallory,' he wrote. 'We started having a pillow fight in the room.
'After a while I thought to myself that if I were going to kill my mom and Mallory, I wouldn't want them to feel anything. 
So I decided to kill them both with the .22 revolver I stole from my Grandpa.'
Evans shot Mallory and then his mother, Jami, with the .22calibre but went back and shot his sister again after realizing she was alive, according to the statement. 
He also shot his mother again to make sure she was dead, he wrote.
But he said after shooting his mother and sister: 'I know now though that I’m done with killing. It’s the most dreadful and terrifying thing I will ever experience. And what happened last night will haunt me forever.'
At the time of the slayings, the 911 call was released in which Evans can be heard calmly explaining to the dispatcher what he did and why he did it.
He told her: ‘This is going to mess me up in the future…I told my sister that my mom needed her. She was in her room, and she came out of her room, and I shot her. And she rolled down the stairs and I shot her again. 
'And then I went down(stairs) and I shot my mom maybe three or four times.’
In his confession, he describes the thoughts that went through his head as he realized what he had just done.
'In shock, I ran to my room and was screaming at the top of my lungs that I am really messed up and that I killed my mom and sister,' he wrote.
'As I emptied the shells on my bed, I heard noizes (sic) and realized that Mallory was still alive.
'While I loaded the gun back up, I was shouting that I was sorry and then ran as fast as I could to kill her. I made sure my mom was dead and shot her again in the head.'
He said he placed the gun on the counter and called 911.
Sheriff's deputies found the bodies of his mother and sister and arrested him.
In the last lines of his confession, he wrote: 'I know now though that I'm done with killing. It's the most dreadful and terrifying thing I will ever experience. And what happened last night will haunt me forever.'
Evans is in court this week for the October 3 murders: The judge ruled the four-page confession would be open to the public
Horrific: Jake, right,said he shot dead his 15-year-old sister, Mallory, left, as she left her room, and continued shooting her as she fell down the stairs
High-end: The family lived in this expansive $500,000 home within an upscale gated community in Aledo

Cold-blooded murders: The moment he killed his mom and sister is described in disturbing detail

No comments:

Post a Comment