Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The next trend for Centre Court? The tennis world's fashionista Serena Williams tries out geek chic as she shoots TV ad

Let's shoot this: Serena Williams films a Wilson Tennis TV advertisement in Coral Gables, Miami on Monday
The 31-year-old, who is in Miami for the Open, wore a purple tennis top and skirt with a sunhat and geeky glasses covered in tape as she shot the new Wilson Tennis campaign in Coral Gables.
With the square glasses and floppy hat, it looked like Serena was preparing to make fun of herself as she shot the ad for the racquet brand at the Biltmore Tennis Center.
She tweeted: 'Guess who at a #wilsontennis shoot.'
It appears Russian tennis player Victoria Azarenka, who won the Australian Open Women's Singles this year, was nearby and was overhearing Serena during the shoot.
Ready to play: Serena is gearing to play the Miami Open this week
After she tweeted Serena saying: 'All good Serena:)))))', the latter replied: '@vika7 omg do u hear my convo?? Lol I'm soooo embarrassed even more now! Lol hahaha tell me u were laughing!!!! @WilsonTennis #setfun.'
Ahead of the shoot, Serena was training with her coach Patrick Mouratoglou for the Miami Open.
She tweeted: 'Tough day at the office today @pmouratoglou but I am done and now at a @WilsonTennis shoot.'
She's returning to the court after she was forced to pull out of the Dubai Championships last month after hurting her back.
Serena withdrew just minutes before she was due to play Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli after injuring her lower back.
Fighting fit: Serena is back on form after hurting her lower back last month
However, she looking forward to Miami, where she'll be the the oldest No.1 WTA since records began in 1975.
She told the Miami Herald last week: 'There were times I thought the hill seemed nearly impossible to climb.
'During that whole time, I wasn’t even thinking about reaching No. 1 again. Wasn’t thinking about tennis. I was just thinking about getting up out of bed. Then, when I came back in the summer of 2011, I started playing really, really well. I thought, "OK, I can play tennis again."
'I started setting short-term goals. Get back to the top 10. Pass this person. Be the best American. Little by little, I climbed my way back. It feels good to be No. 1 again. I feel I should be here.'
And action: Serena posted a photo on set on her Twitter page
Doing her bit: Serena's sister Venus met aspiring young tennis players through the charitable organisation First Serve Miami (FSM) in Miami
Follow your dreams: Venus talks to the children about their aspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment