Tuesday, August 5, 2014

'The business kills so many people': Nicki Minaj on near-death experience and the price of fame

Red hot!: Nicki Minaj, 31, graces the cover of The Fader magazine in a bodysuit as she discusses several topics including her cryptic award acceptance speech




In the issue, the Super Bass hit maker discusses several topics including the speech in which she mentioned a near-death experience.


During an acceptance the BET Network gala just over a month ago she said: 'The other day, I really thought I was about to die… And I didn’t call the ambulance, because I thought, "Well, if I call the ambulance, it’s going to be on TMZ."'
When addressing the cryptic speech to the New York-based music publication, Nicki opted to not specifically describe the event but discussed the price of fame.
'I really thought I was about to die': On June 29, Nicky mentioned a near-death experience as she addressed attendees at the BET Awards
She told The Fader: 'I was making a point to say that the business kills so many people and we don’t even realize it.
'I can only imagine how many people in this business have died because they may not have wanted to… to be embarrassed publicly. We care so much about what the world thinks that we don’t live, really.'
Then when queried about the specific event in question, the rapper replied: 'I don't want to talk about it.'
Twerkathon: Nicki pulled out her best dance moves in the video for Anaconda in a short clip she had posted onto her Instagram account
The Starships singer is getting ready to release her third studio album, The Pink Print, and recently gave fans a taste of her next single on Sunday night.
In a teaser video for her new single Anaconda, Nicki showed off her sizable derriere and ample assets.
The racy 20-second snippet of the jungle-set video was posted onto her Instagram account, which sent fans into a frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment